For reals this time. We’re taking the girls up to New York tonight so they can stay with my in laws while we are in Mexico. Then we’ll drive back down to DC tomorrow and catch our flight out Thursday first thing. Riviera Maya, here we come!
I am insane busy so here is the scoop, in bullet format:
1. I hate packing and laundry. It took me several days to tame the piles down enough to get everything sorted, into suitcases and put away. I don’t want to even think about the explosion of dirty clothes that will occur once we get back. For now I am focusing on what’s left – getting the dog to the kennel, picking up feed on the way back, putting clean sheets on all the beds and vacuuming. I can’t relax if I am returning to a filthy house.
2. I am packing a bunch of sock yarn. I don’t particularly like flying, so the knitting and the ipod will be my panacea.
3. We’re touring Mayan ruins on Saturday! Yay!
4. Emily is going to miss her animals.
Really, really miss them.
I am trying hard not to think about it. Especially that little goaty face and her plaintive little “maaaaaaaa” and the little wagging tail whenever she sees me.
At least I know my mother will be here with them and they won’t be all alone.
5. I still don’t relish the thought of my pudgy white self stuffed sausage – like into a bathing suit. It turns out that I know exactly who I can blame this on, though.
The pie fairy.
Seriously. The pie fairy swoops in on a way – too – regular basis, takes control of my body and turns out multitudes of pies, like this chocolate cream one that flew into my belly over the weekend. Curse you, pie fairy!
*Note to all of those who will be at our house this christmas – oh yeah, there’ll be lots of this!!!
6. I have to go change a very stinky baby now. Then I must finish all my chores and shove off for warmer (hopefully not rainy) weather.
See you on the other side!